Funny Examples of 80 20 Rule

Share your love

Hi,

Hey, don’t you have manners, I said hi to you and you haven’t replied me yet!

No no, you are not responsible for this, I know only 20 percent of you will believe I’m talking with you, literally you aren’t reading any comic book. I am talking to you and I need replies.

You are here for funny examples of 80 20 rule than we will start with that only and then we will discuss it’s “heads and tails”.

Ok, the things will go with the following order:

  • Funny Examples of 80 20 rule
  • What is 80 20 rule?
  • Where is 80 20 rule applicable?
  • What are the benefits of 80 20 rule?
  • What’s the downside of 80 20 rule?
  • How can you apply the 80 20 rule in your life?
  • Conclusion

Ok, let’s get started…

What are some funny examples of 80 20 Rule?

Although, these examples may seem funny to you or not but they surprised me, when I first went through them.

Look around at the people at your poker table. If you can’t determine who the sucker is in the first five minutes, then the sucker is you

I know this is mentioned everywhere, but people were curious to know how, so I added this.

Look, suppose there are five people on a poker table, than, each of them have 20 percent chance. Now, as you know according to 80/20 rule, 80 percent of the outcome will depend on 20 percent, that is on that who is a sucker!

20 percent of beer drinkers consume 80 percent of beer drunk ~ Captain Jack Sparrow

I am not joking. Maybe, Jack, sorry Captain Jack is a fictional character but there are some people.

20 percent of your knowledge is used 80 percent of the time. 

I don’t know why we work so hard to get rest 80 percent of our rarely used knowledge.

20 percent of mentor actually provide 80 percent of knowledge. 

If you are one, don’t be angry but it’s true.

20 percent of the population have 80 percent of qualities, you most want in a partner.

Remember: If you are one who is looking for a perfect partner everywhere, then please stop. Make yourself a perfect partner, because when a flower blossom everyone automatically gets attracted towards it.

20% percent of doctors, lawyers, and engineers commit 80 percent of malpractice.

What do you think about it?

20% of your social circle has 80% of its optimism.

If you want to be an optimistic personality whom everyone wants to spend time with, Check it out

20 percent of your time leads to 80 percent of your happiness.

Also keep in mind 80 percent of your happiness is from 20 percent of people, with whom you spend your time.

20 percent of laws are broken 80 percent of the time

Yup, it’s valid from schools to countries.

20 percent of words in a language accounts for 80 percent of usage.

The most frequent words are, the, and, of, to, be, a, in, I, and that. These words alone make up 25% of all text.

20 percent of farmers produce 80 percent of the world's agriculture.

Now I know, why most of the farmers suffer too much.

20 percent of people snoozes 80 percent of alarms. 

I can say it’s true, because I was one of them.

What is 80/20 Rule?

According to 80/20 rule, 80 percent of output is generated from 20 percent of input. And the remaining 20 percent of output is generated from remaining 80 percent of input.

The 80/20 rule is also called the Pareto Rule.

The 80 20 rules explains about the unequal distribution, and how you can take benifits of this.

The 80/20 rule was given by Vilfredo Pareto in 1906. And from then onwards many researches have been done and it was concluded that the Rule of minimal effort is valid in every field of life.

Where is 80/20 rule applicable?

The 80/20 rule is applicable in almost every field, we will take examples of some of them one by one.

Education

The 80/20 rule is completely valid in education field. For example:

20 percent of questions makes the 80 percent marks of any question paper. 

That is completely right, let’s take another one,

20 percent of the syllabus makes up the 80 percent of question paper. 

We can take as many examples as we want, but let’s not waste time and proceed.

Health

As I said above, the 80/20 rule is applicable here also, let’s take some examples:

20 percent of patients use 80 percent of health care resources.

Or, we can say

80 percent of doctors are busy with 20 percent of patients. 

Or,

20 percent of our eating habits are responsible for 80 percent of our health. 

Does this point need anymore explanation? I don’t think so!

Relationship

Ok, this is very interesting, when I was a kid I thought, those who have more and more number of friends are happy, but after Mr.Pareto’s explanation I don’t think so.

Hmm, what do you think about this?

Anyways let’s take an example:

80 percent of happiness in your life is because of 20 percent people in your life. 

Decision Making

This rule also applies to our decision making, for example

20 percent of your decisions affects 80 percent of your life

And, it’s true. Suppose a person invests in share market. Most of the time he buys low value shares, but once or twice he buys high value shares.

It will greatly depend on those two decision that his whole year will be divine or evil.

Buisness

It is also valid in business field, let’s take some examples:

80 percent of companies profit is made by its 20 percent of products. 

Or,

20 percent of customers are responsible for 80 percent of profits for any business. 

Enviornment

20 percent of industries are responsible for 80 percent of pollution. 

Yup, that’s true, imagine 80 percent of pollution caused just by 20 percent of industries, if we can control pollution in those 20 industries, we could control the pollution.

Satisfaction

Hmm, this is a must have feeling, whatever you do, if you aren’t satisfied than you can’t be happy.

80 percent of your satisfaction is from 20 percent of your tasks

So, focus on those tasks which satisfies you.

Time Management

Time management is the most important asset after your brain and 80/20 principle is also valid in time management practices as,

80 percent of outcome is result of only 20 percent of your efforts. 

If you want to learn how can you can manage your time, check this out!

It’s your responsibility to find out those 20 percent in your life.

What are the benefits of applying the 80/20 rule?

Hmm, I don’t know!

Wait, wait.

I was joking, but literally there are too many benifits that we can’t count, so we will discuss some of them:

Do More in Less Time

This is the most important giving of this rule.

Just imagine if you could complete 80 percent of your work in 20 percent time you spend now.

It’s not difficult to find out the 20 percent which you have to do, we will discuss this in the later sections.

In the 21st century everyone is working hard to have a second free! And you will get plenty of it if you implement this rule.

Better Relationships

As 80/20 rule will help you find 20 percent of people with whom you find happiness, and they with you.

So, now you can spend more time with them.

It will not only improve relationship, but also make you and them more happy.

Free Time

As we discussed above, this rule will help you find some free time for yourself.

How?

Simple, time management brother.

If you are able to find out the 20 percent focus part, then you are going to rock.

Makes you more Effective

Author greatly focuses on the concept of effective vs efficient.

The 80/20 rule will help you determine how you can be more effective instead of being efficient.

By the way, if you focus on the 20 percent that is responsible for 80 percent of your results than it’s obvious that you will be effective.

Achieve Greater Success

Surely you will!

When you start meeting your deadlines beforehand, than it’s obvious that here will be a heavy rain of opportunities over you.

When you will be effective, you will be able to achieve even greater successes.

Better Financial Conditions

With the 80/20 rule you can find out, where is 80 percent of your cash is going?

So take a notebook and try to find it out.

There are many more benifits, but we will procceed now.

What’s the downside of 80/20 rule?

The drawback of 80/20 rule is same as drawback of being more effective that is,

A new path will never look like the most effective option in the beginning.

I don’t know you understand the point or not, if not then you can ask me in the comment section.

How can you apply the 80 20 rule in your life?

You can perform the following steps to apply 80/20 rule in your life:

Remember: You can do this, the way you want but just execute!

Step 1 : Where you want to apply?

First of all we will start with a single thing, just think of something which you want to apply 80/20 rule for.

Step 2: Analyse

Now you have to analyse the situation here. You have to note down all the tasks which you do for completing that particular task.

Literally I mean write down all the things you do to complete that task.

Step 3: Divide and Rule

This step is very important.

Here you need to find out and distinguish the 80 percent and 20 percent.

You need to create teo columns and write down the tasks from step 2 in the suitable columns.

NOTE: If you can’t decide, just record your activities for 7 days and then try to figure out.

Step 4: Way to Go

Now you know the 20 percent upon which you have to focus.

So just and try your best out.

Step 5: Keep Records

This is also very important, you have to keep records where are you going.

You have to figure out whether you are in the right direction or not.

Have any queries, ask in the comment box.

Conclusion

The 80/20 rule, is simply the golden rule which can help you achieve things the fast way.

There is no doubt, you will achieve your goals but it will take certainly more time.

So, my suggestion will be try out this rule, and keep records if these doesn’t help than let it go.

General Questions

What is 80/20 Rule?

According to 80/20 rule, 80 percent of output is generated from 20 percent of input. And the remaining 20 percent of output is generated from remaining 80 percent of input.

Where is 80/20 rule applicable?

The 80/20 rule is applicable in almost every field, some examples are:

  • Education
  • Health
  • Relationship
  • Decision Making
  • Buisness
  • Enviornment
  • Satisfaction
  • Time Management

There are various other fields.

What are the benefits of applying the 80/20 rule?

There are many many benifits, some of these are listed below:

  • Do More in Less Time
  • Better Relationships
  • Free Time
  • Makes you more Effective
  • Achieve Greater Success
  • Better Financial Conditions

And many more.

What’s the downside of 80/20 rule?

The drawback of 80/20 rule is same as drawback of being more effective that is, A new path will never look like the most effective option in the beginning.

How can you apply the 80 20 rule in your life?

Step 1 : Where you want to apply?

Step 2: Analyse

Step 3: Divide and Rule

Step 4: Way to Go

Step 5: Keep Records

All these steps are explained above in detail.

Hope this helped, have any quarries or suggestions, do comment below.

See U Soon!

Thanks.

Share your love
Default image
Dharmendra Mayla
Dharmendra, is a self help writer and content creator. He have a graduation degree f rom University of JV, Rajasthan, India. He have written many articles and published many e-books, and have a very diligent habit of research before writing anything. Want to know more? Read Here

Leave a Reply